Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Transcript: "Stained Glass" - Kerrang!, October 17-30, 1985

My latest transcript is "Stained Glass", a review of Power Windows from the UK's Kerrang! magazine (issue No. 105, October 17-30, 1985).  The writer admits the album went over his head... First comparing Power Windows in scope to Hemispheres with "this album harks back to their 'Hemispheres' period, my least favourite Rush venture and the time when l largely lost interest in the band", he goes on to write "I've always thought I was pretty much in tune with what they're all about, but this album aims a little over my head and I wonder if Rush haven't somehow lost sight of who they're supposed to be writing for..." Thank god Rush doesn't write for the lowest common denominator...

No comments:

Post a Comment