Friday, January 9, 2015

Transcript: "Closer To The Heart: Alex Lifeson...With His First Independent Journey, Victor!" - Access, January/February 1996

Alex Lifeson's solo project Victor was released 19 years ago today, and to commemorate the event I have transcribed a rare Victor feature story from the January/February 1996 issue of Access - The Rock Radio Magazine.  In "Closer To The Heart: Alex Lifeson Dances Dangerously Close To The Senses With His First Independent Journey, Victor!", Alex talks about the reasons he created Victor, the musicians, details on the instrumentals, and how after creating Victor when he reunited with Geddy and Neil for the Test For Echo sessions, "I wasn't sure during our first week that I wanted to continue. I was still disillusioned by what I just accomplished with my record and I didn't know if I wanted to get back into the same old thing that Rush represented." - Thanks to Joe Pesch for the original article!

No comments:

Post a Comment